Thursday, August 19, 2010

Daughter's Nightmare

"Daddy, I had a bad dream." You blink your eyes and pull up on your elbows. Your clock glows red in the darkness - it's 3:23.

"Do you want to climb into bed and tell me about it?"

"No, Daddy."

The oddness of the situation wakes you up more fully. You can barely make out your daughter's pale form in the darkness of your room.

"Why not, sweetie?"

"Because, in my dream, when I told you about the dream, the thing wearing Mommy's skin sat up." For a moment, you feel paralyzed; you can't take your eyes off of your daughter. The covers behind you shift.

9 comments:

  1. I can't take this one seriously anymore...just because of that Bowie parody.

    ReplyDelete
  2. God dammit, I know lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also read this after the bowie.

    Still very clever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't understand it..

    ReplyDelete
  5. But but but - I'm a girl! >:(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Basically the daughter's just told him that whatever's in the bed next to him isn't his wife.

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG!! HAHAHAHAHA!! LOLZ!!

    ReplyDelete