Friday, August 20, 2010

A Candle Cove Anecdote

Loved this show. Horace Horrible was my favorite. I remember looking everywhere for his action figure but Kiddie City and KB had never even heard of the line. I finally found a talking Horace, good as new, at somebody’s yard sale, though I didn’t see a house around and never saw those people again. I was pretty excited, and ran right to my friend’s house to gloat.

When his mom answered the door, she let out the most guttural scream I’d ever heard, absolutely scaring the shit out of me. She told me to get lost with “that thing” and slammed the door in my face. My kid-logic concluded that she must have known I bought a toy from a stranger completely unsupervised, and that it must have been an even more serious crime than I thought.

So, I did my best to keep Horace hidden, especially from my own parents, but his voice chip was pretty damn loud, and every so often he’d go off by himself, like his battery was dying. My mom kept asking if Marble (our cat) was in my room…I don’t know how you mistake that goofy chuckling for a cat.

It was subtle at first, but after a few days he started to smell weird. His voice kept getting weaker and more garbled, and his joints kept getting looser like they were ready to drop off. I was afraid of getting caught and we didn’t have trash pickup, so I did what a rational child does when he thinks he has contraband and buried it in the woods.

I never found another one or figured out what was wrong with him, but it’s the weirdest thing; a tree grew where I left him, I shit you not, in just a couple weeks. It never grew leaves and it never got much taller than me, but it’s there to this day, and every summer it swarms with disturbing numbers of flies.

21 comments:

  1. Weird, same thing happened to me! I found a Skintaker figure, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The variation of Candle Cove with the forum and its posts is a lot better. Probably one of the best I've read. It gave me chills and I went cold and numb at the end lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is it a dead baby? I'm not getting this. Someone please explain.

    What is this I don't even...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nah, its probably a dying cat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ^ LOL No comment about this one...

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was written by the guy that runs Bogleech, btw.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Can anyone direct me to more of these 57392464 KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  8. DANG IT MD 13378008 KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  9. Come on guise werfsfgdshwgfasds 43367534626 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh son of a bi 63758755679 THE KING COME DOWN.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, not this aga 918297197 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  12. You have all been PWNED! 57392464

    ReplyDelete
  13. i dont get it....

    ReplyDelete
  14. FUCK YOU ALL. 968574635 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  15. C-C-C-Combo Breaker!

    ReplyDelete
  16. 7263548823645 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  17. 4674324556 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey guys what's going on in this thr 968574635 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  19. wat is goi 968574635 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  20. The creepypasta i 727462829 THE KING COME DOWN

    ReplyDelete